Thursday 1 May 2014

Fantastic Retreat with Jan Hassard

All those many months ago when I was conducting research on different and interesting quilt teachers who I might be able to get to come & teach at The Royal Bridlington, as soon as I saw Jan Hassards work, I loved it. I made contact with Jan and got her booked.

Our first workshop on Tuesday was Dazzling Diamonds. This is Jan's


Here are some works in progess












Day Two - We chose to do Curved Log Cabin.

Here are a couple of Jan's quilts




This quilt is made from just two blocks.........



and here is some of the students work










For our final day we selected 3D Honeycombe. The blocks can be made from scraps or a jelly roll.







Students tumbling blocks in progress











Jan also brought along a selection of her quilts






We all really enjoyed the retreat with Jan and we have booked her again for Autumn 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment